The Federation of Dental Hygiene Regulators of Canada (FDHRC) is looking for new Item Writers to participate in an Item Writer Workshop and develop new exam items for the National Dental Hygiene Certification Exam (NDHCE).
Are you interested?
Ideal item writing candidates are dental hygiene subject matter experts (SMEs) who have current knowledge of Canadian dental hygiene curriculum, various clinical settings, community health, and/or administrative settings.
New item-writers will attend an Item-writing training session to learn how to develop high quality multiple-choice items using secure online item-writing software. The workshop will be facilitated by FDHRC staff and a representative from the FDHRC’s Testing Agency.
• The workshop will take place April 26-28, 2023 in the Ottawa area.
• Travel expenses and an honorarium is paid for workshop attendance.
• An honorarium is paid for item development work that follows item writing training.
• Item writers are required to develop a minimum of 15 items in the 12 months following workshop attendance.
• All work will be conducted in English.
Interested dental hygienists with the following experience are encouraged to apply:
• Registered/licensed in good standing with a Canadian dental hygiene regulatory authority.
• Hold the NDHCE Certificate.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of dental hygiene.
• Knowledge of assessment/evaluation in dental hygiene field.
If this sounds like you, please submit a letter of interest and CV to Jamie Yalte, Chief Examiner, at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2023.Posted on: