The Health Professions Act stipulates a number of committees and positions that colleges must have.
- A registration committee reviews applications for registration and reinstatement
- A competence committee makes recommendations to Council on continuing competence requirements and assessments of those requirements
- Is authorized by the Dental Hygienists Profession Regulations to conduct practice visits of regulated members
Complaint Review Committee
- The complaint review committee reviews the dismissal of a complaint under the professional conduct section when requested by a complainant
- The complaint review committee reviews and ratifies settlements under the alternative resolution section of the HPA
- Not a true committee, a hearing tribunal is established when a complaint of unprofessional conduct with respect to a member is referred for a hearing.
- The HPA stipulates the percentage of public members that must be on a hearing tribunal